Have you ever found yourself scrambling to come up with a dinner idea? Then all of a sudden you hear that little voice in the background saying, “Mom, what’s for dinner?”
You start searching the pantry and then the refrigerator.
You chose the quickest meal you could find.
It works. There’s nothing wrong with it. After all, dinner is on the table.
The crisis is averted. Hooray, at least for this time.
However, you don’t want this to be the norm. Because you want control over the story. You want it just as you’ve imagined.
So how do you do it?
Plan your meals.
It can be weekly, bi-weekly or monthly. It’s up to you.
Create a menu. Then shop for the groceries based on the menu.
Print the menu out and post it in an easily accessible location. So when each day comes you can prepare the meal you really want.
Here are a few ideas I’ve roundup that you may want to include on the menu:
- Grilled Caprese Sandwich: Get it here on Dinner At The Zoo
- Crispy BBQ Chicken Wraps: Get it here on Tastes Better from Scratch
- Chicken Ranch Wraps: Get it here on Gimme Delicious
- Pesto Chicken Sandwich on Sourdough: Get it here on Baking Mischief
- Italian Slider Sandwiches: Get it here on Gather for Bread
- Club Sandwich: Get it here on A Pinch of Healthy
- Pesto Chicken Pasta: Get it here on Lemon Dwelling Tree
- One Pot Creamy Chicken Mushroom Florentine: Get it here on The Recipe Critic
- Easy Baked Tortellini Recipe: Get it here on Passion for Savings
- 20 Minute Tortellini Pasta Carbonara: Get it here on The Chunky Chef
- Creamy Shrimp and Mushroom Pasta: Get it here on The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Dump and Bake Meatball Casserole: Get it here on The Seasoned Mom
- Chicken Alfredo Baked Ziti: Get it here on Gimme Some Oven
- Teriyaki Chicken Casserole: Get it here on Life in the Lofthouse
- Pizza Casserole: Get it here on Homemade Interest
- Million Dollar Spaghetti: Get it here on Dinner Then Dessert
- Layered Dorito Casserole: Get it here on Spend with Pennies
- Slow Cooker Chicken Parmesan Pasta: Get it here on Damn Delicious
- Lazy Crockpot Lasagna (Ravioli) – Get it here on Spend with Pennies
- Slow Cooker Sausage and Potatoes: Get it here on The Slow Cooking Housewife
- Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken: Get it here on Lemon Tree Dwelling
- Sausage and Rice One Skillet Meal: Get it here on All Things Mamma
- Sloppy Joes: Get it here on All Recipes
- Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Tenders: Get it here on Recipe Tin Eats
- Waffle Fry Sliders: Get it here on Delish